Custom hearing protection is:
- Comfortable – made to fit the user’s ear
- Easy to insert – just slides into the ear
- Accurate – since they cannot be worn “wrong,” they always give the same attenuation
- Good retention – they will not fall out or move around in the ear
- Sanitary – can be washed and sterilized; no need to handle the canal portion of earmold with dirty hands
- Visible – can be made in safety orange or royal blue colours to be easily recognized by supervisors (other colours are also available)
- Cost-effective – average life is two years
Types of Custom Hearing Protection:
- Replicate the natural response of the ear canal so that sound heard with these earplugs has the same quality as the original, just quieter
- Sound quality of speech and music is preserved so it sounds natural, not muffled
- 3 Different attenuator filters are available (ER – 9, 15 & 25). The number corresponds with the amount of sound reduction provided in dB.
- Non-Custom ear plugs for musicians are available from Limestone Hearing Care Centre and are very inexpensive. These plugs provide 12 dB of protection
- Maximum noise protection
- Use where there is no need to hear or preserve sound
- Commonly used in industry and recreational activities
- Good for low frequency noise not over 105 dB with intermittent high frequency noise over 105 dB (carpenters and railroad workers and shooters)
- Similar to “Sentinel” with a sound bore drilled through the mold with a small filter
- A smaller version of the “Sentinel” mold made to fit comfortably in the ear while sleeping to reduce intruding noise from outside or inside your home – like the person beside you snoring!!
Who uses custom hearing protection?
Medical – Dental
Custom Swim Plugs